Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

48 Hour Challenge Wrap-up (Karen)


Well, like Bill, I wasn't as productive as I anticipated. Part of my problem was I started with a thick adult book, and then switched horses mid-stream and started reading children's novels that I've been dying to read. The other problem was being too social -- 2 graduations and a trip to the movies with my "yayas" to see the Sex in the City movie. What's a girl to do?!

So, here's my final tally:
Hours read - 15 (18, including time with other bloggers and author)
Adult books read - 1/2 of Dark of the Moon by John Sanford
Children's books read - 4 (Jeremy Cabbage, 4 Kids in 5E & 1 Crazy Year, Smiles to Go, and The Magic Thief
Bloggers I started my Challenge with - 7!!
Pages read - 1331
Amount of fun I had participating in the Challenge - enormous!!!

Well, as you can see, I'm not going to win any of the established awards for the 48 Hour Challenge, but I think we might want to start 2 new categories :) :
1) Coolest place to do the 48 Hour Challenge -- our local children's bookstore, Cover to Cover
OR
2) Coolest people to be with for the Challenge all at one time and place -- Sarah Prineas (author of The Magic Thief), Mary Lee and Franki of A Year of Reading, Bill (my cohort here at Literate Lives), Stella of My life - Mi Mundo, Karen of Talkworthy, Katie of Creative Literacy, Abby of Authentic Learner, and yours truly.

I'm planning on training for next year's challenge starting now -- so many books, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment