**I'm so grateful to the #SOL community for welcoming me each and every time I post a slice. Thank you so very much to the team at Two Writing Teachers for coordinating and hosting this slicing community for the entire month of March for the Slice of Life Challenge. You all rock!!**
During this year's challenge, my plan is to reflect on a slice of my life from that day, or the day before, and write about it. No theme to tie my writing together this year, no plans ahead of time. Just glimpses into slices of my days. Not having a plan is a very uncomfortable place for me, both as a person and a writer, so fingers crossed for the next 30 days!
One of the book clubs in which I am a member met last night, and I couldn't help but be grateful for all the ways this group nourishes me as a person:
- greeted one another
- caught up on the events of the past month
- served drinks by this month's hostess
- gathered again, yet this time around the table set so beautifully
- delicious food served
- drinks continued to flow
- conversations and sharing continued as well
My body was nourished by the amazing food served, and my spirit continued to be nourished as well through our conversation.
- books came out; people had prepared for this conversation in a variety of ways
- discussion of the story began, each person enhancing the comment that came before
- noticing how each of us had similar, and sometimes different, reactions to the plot and the characters
- connections made between this book and the real world events of today
- an eagerness around the table in the discussion, sometimes leading to multiple discussions at the same time
My mind was nourished by these smart women who feel passionately about what they read, and aren't afraid to make those feelings public. My soul was nourished as we tackled some complex topics, not always finding answers, but willing to share on these difficult issues.
I am so blessed to be part of two book clubs that nourish me.