Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Slice of Life - May 20


On Sunday, I made a list of everything I need to get done between now and the end of the school year, in just three short weeks. While I welcome the luxury of having a couple of months off to relax and rejuvenate for next year, I can't help but feel overwhelmed by the list for the next 3 weeks right now.

I actually wrote the list 5 separate times, hoping that if I rearranged my tasks differently, maybe into more manageable blocks, it would feel less intimidating. With time being at a premium right now, I'm not even sure that was the best use of what little free time I do have.

Everything on my list is necessary and needs to be done -- grading, end of year progress reports, end of year testing reports -- and all of it seems to be paperwork, my least favorite thing about my profession.

What my list doesn't include are all the wonderful "outside of school" life things I will be doing also -- 9 graduations, 1 wedding, track meets for C, meeting friends for dinner, my principal's retirement party, golfing with my husband, my Wednesday night women's golf league, and sending out invitations for a wedding shower I'm hosting. These are the things I look forward to doing, even if they're not on my "to do" list.

So, bear with me the next few weeks, as it is a very real possibility is that I will not be joining you all for Slice of Life Tuesday until after school lets out. Until then, my main focus needs to be crossing off the items on my list!!!! Wish me luck! See you in June!

For more slices, go to Two Writing Teachers.

4 comments:

  1. No worries. we'll all understand; will look forward to having you back in late June.

    SAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many Slices, So little time!
    Have a great summer.
    ~jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lists are overwhelming at time. Just chip away. We will be waiting when the list is gone. Be happy. Write on Tuesdays when you have time. www.debrennersmith.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I definitely know the feeling of facing down a list with a deadline!

    ReplyDelete