Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Catching Fire


I have read a couple of different posts recently where bloggers have said Catching Fire, the sequel to The Hunger Games, is better than the first book. I would be hard-pressed to disagree. My exact words when I just finished reading Catching Fire -- OH! MY! GOSH! (and I was talking to myself, since the rest of my family is in bed, fast asleep).

Suzanne Collins delivers in spades with this sequel. Katniss continues to be a character to reckon with. But, what is also nice in this book, is how lesser characters from the first book are more developed this time around. Like the first book, the suspense and action will have you riveted the entire time.

You won't find any spoilers here. Just a strong recommendation that you make sure you have The Hunger Games read by September when Catching Fire will be released. Just make sure you have some uninterrupted time to read, because you will not want to put this book down once you start. Then you can be like me, counting down the days until the next book in this series will be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment