Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

48 Hour Challenge -- breakfast and books!!

We had a fabulous time again this year at our 48 Hour Challenge Breakfast! We missed some of our friends who weren't present (Mary Lee, Abby, Lauren, Kristine, Megan, and Stella), but the remainder of us (Karen S, Franki, Katie, Bill, Mandy, Julie, and yours truly) had some yummy food and great conversations. We were especially glad to have Julie and Mandy there because they were the "newbies". Our group of Central Ohio bloggers just continues to grow and grow.

After breakfast at Northstar Cafe, we were headed to Cover to Cover, where the owner, Sally Oddi, had set up a wonderful table of ARCs for our enjoyment. And enjoy we did!! I got the next in The Missing series by Margaret Peterson Haddix -- Sent -- and Franki snagged another great book - the sequel to The Hunger Games - Catching Fire. We live close enough together that we've agreed to read these books first and then switch. SO excited about both of these books!

But, that doesn't take into account the other 14 ARCs I got, in addition to the 6 books I actually purchased. And ML, if you're reading this, you know I owe you lots of money based on how many books I took out of CTC (21 total)!! Unless the fish are really biting at your fish-a-thon, I'm betting we'll take my book total times $2. I couldn't think of a better cause to donate it to.

Unlike Bill, I don't have an order of all the books I'm going to read, but I did start Sent as soon as I got home. We'll see where I go from there.

So, I've brought you up to date on my 48 hour progress: 1 book finished last night, breakfast this morning with other kidlit bloggers, browsing in the best children's bookstore ever, and now I'm back to actually reading until about 5 PM tomorrow night. So many choices, so little time! :) What a great problem to have!

10 comments:

  1. Aaagh! I'm dying to read SENT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tradition! Hope you're doing great with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So anyone got a grand total of books? I see 21 for you. I guess I am in for a doozie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan,
    You may want to rethink your pledge. :) Even with smaller numbers this year, we did some considerable damage at how many ARCs and paid-for books we took out of CTC. Franki was the official counter and will be posting the final tally.

    Missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I am in. I am all in. $1 a book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss you too guys!!! Like always, I can see from the pics and the description that it was a great time!!! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. But what did Bill eat for breakfast???? Inquiring mind want to know!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bill had his usual granola, though after we all gave him a hard time, he said he might try the Cloud 9 pancakes next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks again for the pledge, Karen. Based on the fact that we only caught 5 fish (about 25 inches worth), I am very appreciative that you will go with your book amount over our fish amount!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Granola again.

    He's getting pancakes next time OR ELSE!

    ReplyDelete