Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

48 Hour Challenge is Coming! (part 2)


A while back, I announced that I would be taking part in Mother Reader's 48 Hour Challenge for the 2nd year in a row. Some important facts to know:

When: I will start my 48 hour challenge right after school this Friday (which happens to be my last day of school!), and will continue until Sunday evening, June 7th. I will spend part of Saturday engaged in some fun book-related activities (see "where" below). I can't think of a better way to begin my summer break than with a pile of books all begging to be read!

Where
: I will be meeting some Central Ohio bloggers at the always tasty Northstar Cafe, and after much chatting and eating, will be heading to the best children's bookstore I know -- Cover to Cover. When I'm not eating at Northstar Cafe or trying to snag the best books and ARCs at Cover to Cover, I will be reading and blogging at my house. I anticipate that my reading will mostly take place on my screened in porch.

Why: I do this mostly because I love books, and this whole event is just a lot of fun!!! But this year, there is an added component. In an effort to "give back" for my enjoyment, I am pledging $2 per book I take out of Cover to Cover on Saturday (purchased or ARC) OR $2 per fish caught at a fish-a-thon this weekend (whichever one is more) to a cause near and dear to Mary Lee (A Year of Reading).

RSVP: I hope you'll join Bill and me here as we read and blog this weekend. We'd love to hear what you're reading also.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pledge! I'll fish like crazy and you make a giant stack of books! (somehow, I think you've got the better end of the deal...I have to throw mine back in...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading all day today and have had such fun; so far I have read and posted about Wintergirls, Jane Smiley's first children's book The Georges and the Jewels, SCAT, and my re-reading of Coraline and The Tale of Despereaux. Hope you're both having fun! I'm off to catch some shut eye now.....

    ReplyDelete