Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

48 Hour Book Challenge Starts this Weekend!!

After being out of the loop for the past two weeks due to knee replacement surgery and great pain medications :), what better way to get back into the groove than Mother Reader's 48 Hour Book Challenge this weekend!!

It couldn't happen at a better time for me - I have 2 adult book club books I need to read (Little Bee and The Elegance of the Hedgehog), a large TBR pile of children's books that are calling my name, and some great professional books that were suggested at last Sunday's #titletalk on twitter. In addition, I will be joining the Central Ohio kidlit bloggers for breakfast and shopping at our favorite indie children's bookstore here in Columbus, Cover to Cover, on Saturday morning. I'm guaranteed to come home with another great pile of books!! I will be surrounded by books and loving every minute!

In addition to MotherReader's 48 Hour Challenge, Donalyn Miller (The Book Whisperer) has invited all interested to join her in the summer #bookaday challenge. Pretty simple stuff - try to complete any type of book each day of your summer. Then, if you'd like, post what you're reading on twitter so that all of us can gather more great titles.

The 48 Hour Challenge and the summer #bookaday challenge are reasons I love my kidlit PLN - we are always encouraging each other to expand our own reading in so many ways! So, even if you can't commit to 48 hours this weekend or a book a day for the entire summer, tackle what you can, and join in the fun!! Can't wait to hear about what you're reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment