Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Looking for Newbery - Only 3 More Days!

With only three more days left in our Looking for Newbery series, we thought we would recap all the books that have caught our interest this past month. We hope you've enjoyed the series. We really appreciate that you've stopped by, and we've loved hearing what you thought about all the books as well.

The books we've reviewed this past month:

1) The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg

2) A Season of Gifts

3) All the Broken Pieces

4) When You Reach Me

5) The Girl Who Threw Butterflies

6) Slob

7) Wild Things

8) Love, Aubrey

9) Where the Mountain Meets the Moon

10) The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate

11) Neil Armstrong is My Uncle and Other Stories Muscle Man McGinty Told Me

12) Anything But Typical

13) Also Known as Harper

14) Umbrella Summer

15) The Small Adventure of Popeye and Elvis

16) Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice

17) The Brooklyn Nine


May the best and most distinguished book win!!

7 comments:

  1. An AMAZING series of posts! You both deserve some kind of medal for your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list. Most years I have a clear favorite but not this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been enjoying these posts. It has made me think about getting a small group together to read and predict for next year. I am enjoying Love, Aubrey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In an odd and kindred coincidence, the first 5 books on your list are the exact titles we picked for our student Mock Newbery at our school. Each student was required to read all of them, with the optional choices of including Calpurnia and The Magician's Elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops I meant the first 4 books on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently read Love Aubrey - loved it.

    The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate is one of my favorites of 09

    I think (and want) one of the book book in your series to win the Newbery but I won't say which, don't want to jink.

    My two sleepers for Honor's are Brooklyn Nine by Gratz and Return to Sender by Alvarez

    And thanks so much for this series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read none of these, in part because I don't have children (not that keeps me from reading YA). Looks like I need to take my nieces and nephews to a trip to the bookstore to check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete