Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Slice of Life - On the Beach


I think I was meant to live near water. As soon as we got to Hilton Head yesterday, I walked out to the beach, took off my shoes, and immediately relaxed. It was very chilly and overcast, but that was okay. The important thing was the sound of the waves, the feel of the sand beneath my toes, the ocean breeze (a very cold, stiff breeze yesterday) - those are the sensations that matter so much.

Today, I woke up around 6 AM, and just waited for the sun to come up. Our condo faces east, so it was a perfect opportunity to catch the beginning of the day.

The weather this morning and again in the early afternoon was much different than yesterday's weather. The sun was shining brightly, there was a breeze, I had a great book to read, and the ocean view was stunning. A different side to the Hilton Head ocean, but again, I am totally relaxed.

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Reading your post makes me want my summer trip to Holden Beach come even faster. I am like you in the sense that as soon as I hear the waves crashing and feel the ocean breeze a sense of calmness and relaxation washes over me. Enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete