Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Book Two and a Morning of Fun

Just an update on my progress. I just finished my second book of the challenge, although it may be borderline as for the reading level. It's an adaptation of a play by Tom Isbell called Teddy Roosevelt and the Treasure of Ursa Major. Ronald Kidd did the adaptation. Obviously it's a quick read about the Roosevelt kids being sent on a scavenger hunt through the White House by their father, BULLY! It's got some good humor and interesting facts about the White House. It reminded me a lot of the National Treasure movies which I love being the history buff that I am. All in all a fun book put out by The Kennedy Center.

As you have read on numerous other blogs several of us met for breakfast and then a trip to the fabulous Cover to Cover Bookstore. It was a morning of good food, a big bowl of granola with vanilla yogurt and fresh strawberries, great book conversations with other bloggers and a new children's author, and best of all FREE STUFF! The free stuff has led me to amend my original list as I picked up some advance copies of a couple of new books in series that I like. I'm adding these three to my list, advance copies of the new Comeback Kids series by Mike Lupica called Long Shot and an advance copy of another football book from Tim Green called Football Hero which I think may already be released.

I'm also adding The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas since we heard her speak this morning.

4 comments:

  1. THANKS!

    http://realfreestuffforall.com/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on to the Magic Thief and just finished Greetings From Nowhere...loved it and am going back to read your old post about it! Today was so much fun, can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you let everyone know that you had granola and yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea....what's with the granola and fruit? I thought you were the "Trifecta" guy!

    ReplyDelete