Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

Bill's 48 Hour Wrap Up

Ok, so I wrapped up yesterday about 12:30, and frankly, I'm a bit disappointed in my efforts. It turned out to be a busier weekend then I had originally anticipated and I found out that I'm not capable of pulling the all nighter like I use to. All that said, I had a lot of fun with it, read some good books and had some great book discussions with some other bloggers from Columbus. Here's my summary:

TOTAL BOOKS READ: 3 and a half (pitiful)
TITLES:
When the Sergeant Came Marching Home by Don Lemna
Long Shot (advance copy) by Mike Lupica
Teddy Roosevelt and the Treasure of Ursa Major by Ronald Kidd
and about half of The Magic Thief by Sara Prineas who I also talked to and met!
TOTAL PAGES: 656
HOURS READ: Approximately 15
AUTHORS MET: 1
OTHER BLOGGERS MET FOR BREAKFAST, CONVERSATION AN BOOK SHOPPING: 7
FREE ADVANCE COPIES ATTAINED: 4
COOL PREVIEW OF A NEW NELSON KADIR ILLUSTRATED LINCOLN BIOGRAPHY: 1
TOTAL BASEBALL GAMES WATCHED: 1 and a third
TOTAL BUCKETS OF GOLF BALLS HIT: 1 Jumbo
TOTAL HOLES OF GOLF PLAYED: 18

So there you have it. It was fun and next year I'll try to be more committed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, 15 hrs is still awesome for a 48 hr period - and you got 4 ARCs!

    Glad I did the challenge, but glad it's over too - now back to a more managable pace!

    ReplyDelete