Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Celebrate! - May 2


One of the things I had hoped to post today was a picture of my feet in the beautiful waters of Longboat Key, Florida.  Alas, a storm cloud full of much rain, thunder, and lightning has followed us to the south.  However, the group of people we are with have been having a lot of fun; much laughter and hilarity has taken the place of the sunshine.  Though I will be so glad to see the sun tomorrow and Monday, for now I am celebrating the fun and joy friends can bring.

I am also celebrating the next phase of my professional life.  I just received the news this week that I will be one of 6 literacy coaches in my district.  Though the thought of leaving the classroom makes me a bit teary, the chance for professional growth in a new direction is quite exciting!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week, and be sure to check out Ruth's blog for more celebrations.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Now, do you want to travel several hours west and be my coach? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time near the ocean with friends is worth it, Karen. And congratulations on your new positing. Julie Johnson just shared the same thing! Wow! Being a coach is a wonderful experience, full of new learning, but I do miss having my own classroom now & then! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip and congratulations. You will be amazing! I know that we will all benefit from your journey.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I received the opposite information. Our district will eliminate my position as a coach and I am headed back to the classroom. It's all good. =D

    ReplyDelete