Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

5th Grade Talent Show - Slice of Life Challenge

Gymnastics,  piano, violin, jokes, singing, dancing, Irish stepping, guitar -- those were some of the talents on display at the 5th grade talent show at my school today.  Much like our recent GRE Meltdown, it was so insightful to see facets of my students not normally on display in our day to day workshop routines.
I love that every student at every grade level at my school will have the same opportunity to shine in front of others with their talents.  Better yet, since we only get to attend our own grade level's performances, what a wonderful idea to have a student tape it, and then loop it all day through the video system so that others can watch when time permits, or in our case today, when there is an indoor recess.
Celebrating the well-rounded child -- I'm happy my school puts a premium on that, and we honor their talents in such a special way.

As always, thanks to Stacey and Ruth at Two Writing Teachers for hosting the Slice of Life Challenge!

4 comments:

  1. I have such fond memories of my children being in the talent show. Talk about seeing another side of your child. Have fun and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love talent shows. It really does let you get to know kids in different ways. Many times you get to see where their passion lies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I love that you are celebrating all talents of your students. What a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a talent show but all school. I love the idea of the video and then the looping-Parents could watch too as they drop in. I too love that each who wishes gets to share. I'm happy to hear you say that too, Karen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete