Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Whoops! - SOLC, March 5

Real life -- if you can't laugh at yourself, who can?


I have been flying from meeting to meeting lately, and trying to tie up loose ends, such as progress reports and conference forms for next week before my mom's hip surgery this Friday.

To keep up with what I need to do each day, I originally plotted out all the deadlines on a monthly calendar.  Then each day, I create a daily "to do" list; one of the old fashioned paper and pencil kind.  It even says "To Do List" at the top in case I forget what the list is for.

But I digress...

So, today I:

  • worked on progress report comments
  • finished grading the last stack of papers
  • sent out our weekly parent update email
  • stayed very organized at the end of the day, so that I could immediately leave for my 4:30 meeting on the east side of town
  • drove to that meeting
However, when I got there, I was the only car in the parking lot.  Being the problem solver that I am, when I saw the empty parking lot, I got out my registration slip, and upon closer inspection of my workshop confirmation, it appears that the 2 hour workshop is tomorrow, March 6, not today, March 5.  Whoops.

As I drove the half hour back to my house in rush hour traffic, knowing all the pre-planning I've done to stay on top of things, thinking of all the "to do" items I could have accomplished, trust me that the word I was saying out loud was not "whoops!"

Thanks so much to the ladies at Two Writing Teachers blog for hosting the Slice of Life Challenge!  I look forward to catching up on many lives this month.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, I've done stuff like that Karen. It's frustrating when there's either rush hour traffic or a small child involved in the mix.

    Tomorrow is a new day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen....
    I do things like that all the time. Did you see my whoops for today? I ran over my iPhone with my van! Is it wrong to be comforted that someone else had a whoops today, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not have said whoops either! So glad I have company in the whoops department. Good luck tomorrow, hope the conference is worth it after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time text me we will turn it into a Queso night'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, my language would be much stronger than Whoops, but it often is. :) Best of luck to your mom on Friday. Enjoy that meeting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes to you mom, and at least the meeting is tomorrow, wasn't yesterday. It sounds like you mostly have things together, Karen. Once my husband and I missed a huge performance. We had bought tickets month earlier, completely forgot until the review came out "after". Whoops! (or something)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been there, done that! Or something similar, pretty much every week! I admire people with organized lives (and clean houses and well-behaved animals, but those are stories for another day!)

    ReplyDelete