Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Weather.com Addiction - SOL, March 20


"Hi, my name is Karen and I have a slight weather.com addiction.  It's been 30 seconds since I last checked the weather."

I check the weather.com app multiple times a day on my phone, especially before the following important events:
  • outdoor parties like weddings or graduations
  • golf outings
  • recess duty week
  • pedicures
  • the days we have tickets to our local AAA professional baseball games
  • road trips
  • possible snow days
But I get even more obsessive about checking the app starting 10 days before vacation, especially a beach vacation.  In the last 10 days, I have clicked on the Hilton Head forecast at least a million times (okay, maybe not a million; I'm teaching hyperbole right now, so that might be a slight exaggeration).  And of those million times, the forecast has changed multiple times.

But a girl has to pack eventually, so I finally had to make some clothing decisions based on the latest forecast 30 seconds ago. While I know I'm incredibly overpacked, I am ready for almost any weather condition, which appears to be a good plan.

And by the way, all the books I need to read made the suitcase as well!

Head over to Two Writing Teachers blog for more slices.

7 comments:

  1. I wish MORE parents would check Weather.com before sending their kids to school and understand that saying the high is 52 does not mean that it will be 52 at 11:30 when we head to recess and dress them appropriately. Hopefully the weather at HH will meet your expectations. So jealous! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I check my weather app so many times - and I'm not going anywhere this year! Love knowing the weather. Have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been obsessively comparing the weather forecast for Chicago with that of Nashville. At least I'll be warmer there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be checking the weather report too! Have a terrific time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a weatherphobe as well (my husband's word). I am especially vigilant during thunderstorm season. I hope you have the BEST weather in Hilton Head and enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are all those books you "need" to read or "want" to read, Karen? Ha! Happiest of vacations to you. I have to wait another week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have your books, you will survive any kind of weather. You made me laugh with your confession of being weather.com addict. I check my app often as well, but I use Yahoo's weather app. I really don't know why. I'm guessing it was the first one I downloaded. I check the weather here, at my brother's in Tucson, at my mom's in the Carolinas, and the list goes on and on. When our weather is bad I find a place I'd rather be and follow the weather. Oh, maybe I need to go to these meetings with you. I didn't realize I had a problem until just now.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete