Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Looking for Newbery - Day 21

I've read a lot of books this year, many of them on THE LIST, but few have made the impression of Diamond Willow by Helen Frost. I love how she created the story within the story, her beautiful descriptive language, her character development and the careful selection of words.

Helen Frost says so much in so few words that this one makes my list of favorites. I have handed it to at least a dozen kids, and they have all recommended to a friend. In my opinion that's the mark of a great children's book.

Here's my review from July.



More reviews:
Semicolon
Fuse #8
A Year of Reading
The Reading Zone

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendation. I was just telling Abby at Authentic Learner that I'm waiting to borrow Twilight (I know, I'm a big loser that hasn't read it yet) from a friend and looking for some good reads to tide me over. This looks like a good option.

    ReplyDelete