Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Votes are in at Heavy Medal - Looking for Newbery (2013 style)

I was trying to catch up on my blog reading Monday, and I noticed that Heavy Medal blog had their Mock Newbery gathering and voting this past Sunday, and have decided on a winner and two honor books (click here to see the actual vote tallies and some of the thinking behind the voting - interesting conversations).

The winner:
Bomb

Honor Books:
Splendors and Glooms
Liar and Spy

Bill and I are not making any predictions this year about which book we think should win, but if these books are on the list of the official Newbery committee, I would be in very good shape to meet my goal of reading the Newbery winner before it is announced.  I have read all three of these books.

In the meantime, I continue to read as many books as I can from other lists.  Hope you're having fun reading as well.  Stop by and let us know of any books you think we absolutely need to read in the next two weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment