Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

48 Hour Reading Challenge: First Update


So just as I suspected, not much reading time came my way. Started at 3 and an hour later went to dinner. After that I had to bake an apple pie, crust from scratch of course, for the lovely Mrs. Prosser's birthday and by then it was 8:30. So to update my reading time, 2 hours from 3 to 10:30...pathetic!

I finished two books, probably neither of them qualify under the rules of competition, but I enjoyed them both anyway and know I have young readers who will enjoy them too.

The first was the first in a new series called Ball Park Mysteries by David A. Kelly. The title is The Fenway Foul-Up. I think this is going to be a great beginning chapter book mystery series and I really like the list of facts in the back of the book. In this one all of the facts are about Fenway Park in Boston, one of my favorite cities. Oh yeah, I'm leaving for Beantown on Thursday with 47 of my closest friends.
The second book I finished was part of a new series by Kate Messner called Marty Mcguire. Marty is a tomboy third grader who would rather be in the woods or creek exploring nature than dressing girly and princessy. However, she gets the lead role in the class play and it's a princess. Very fun and well done. Fans of Clementine and Moxie Maxwell are going to love this series too.

Right now I'm working on A Million Miles from Boston by Karen Day. That should be good for a few hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment