Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Starting the 48 Hour Book Challenge


Well, I started the 48 Hour Book Challenge this morning. The Central Ohio kidlit bloggers held their annual 48 Hour Book Challenge breakfast / trip to Cover to Cover bookstore extravaganza to kick things off. This year there were 10 of us for breakfast and 12 of us pouring over the ARCs that Sally (the owner of Cover to Cover) had laid out for us, as well as our regular book buying.

We decided not to do a group photo this year, since the pictures tend to look the same each year. People that came, however, were:
As always, we had a great time catching up with one another, talking about our school lives (the good, the bad, and the ugly), and talking about books!!

Now, I'm home and ready to settle in for the next 2 days and read. I will post updates throughout the weekend. My first book is As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth (a purchase today and highly recommended by many). I can't wait!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Reading! Thanks to Mary Lee I have As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth in my pile for this weekend too! Look forward to reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys are organized! I'm a little jealous that you have so many in the area you can have actual meetups. Good luck and happy reading to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bibliovore!

    You're right; we are fortunate to all be this close together to have these gatherings. What's even more fun is that there were at least 5 - 6 other bloggers that couldn't make it today. So much fun to share the passion of books with people just like us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you guys do this! So cool!

    ReplyDelete