Well, I started the 48 Hour Book Challenge this morning. The Central Ohio kidlit bloggers held their annual 48 Hour Book Challenge breakfast / trip to Cover to Cover bookstore extravaganza to kick things off. This year there were 10 of us for breakfast and 12 of us pouring over the ARCs that Sally (the owner of Cover to Cover) had laid out for us, as well as our regular book buying.
We decided not to do a group photo this year, since the pictures tend to look the same each year. People that came, however, were:
- Bill and me from Literate Lives
- Franki and MaryLee from A Year of Reading
- Katie from Creative Literacy
- Tony from Learn Me Sumthin'
- Mandy from Enjoy and Embrace Learning
- Cathy from Reflect and Refine: Building a Learning Community
- Lisa from Two Learning Journeys
- Stella from My World - Mi Mundo
- Julie from Raising Readers and Writers
- an author from Columbus -
Now, I'm home and ready to settle in for the next 2 days and read. I will post updates throughout the weekend. My first book is As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth (a purchase today and highly recommended by many). I can't wait!!