Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

48 Hour Book Challenge - Update #6 / Last One (Karen)


It's 10:05 PM, and I've just finished my last book for the 48 Hour Challenge. It was Crunch by Leslie Connor (of Waiting for Normal fame). Truth in advertising -- Bill actually got his hands on this first yesterday at Cover to Cover, but since I was planning on reading more this weekend, he let me have it first. Thanks, Bill! One of us will be blogging about it sometime in the next week or so.

So, since I didn't keep exact minutes of blogging, social networking, etc., here's a final synopsis of my 2010 48 Hour Book Challenge achievements:
  • I read 6 new middle age novels.
  • I updated my progress after finishing each book.
  • I have written blog posts/reviews for 4 of the books I read. I still need to write one for Keeper (last book before bed on Saturday night)
  • I had breakfast and went shopping with some of my favorite central Ohio kidlit bloggers.
  • I started Saturday morning at 9 AM and finished Sunday evening at 10:05 PM.
  • I will be donating $2 for every ARC I took from Cover to Cover or book I purchased to the Welcome Warehouse in my community, for a grand total of $28.
All in all, I am looking back at the last 36 hours and I have to call it a resounding success. I even managed to get to 2 graduation parties and swam a mile during that timeframe, also. I loved this weekend and the "excuse" to read.

I'll do a final wrap-up tomorrow by looking at what some of the other participants accomplished, keeping an eye open for books someone may have read that look promising.

Thanks to Mother Reader for organizing us yet again. I had a blast!

3 comments:

  1. Great time put in especially since you went out...I locked myself in...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing the challenge. Looking forward to your thoughts on Crunch.

    ReplyDelete