Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Greetings from my Vacation

Hi,

I know I haven't been around lately. I spent all of last week in the Outer Banks with my extended family. It was so wonderful to reconnect with the group as a whole, but more importantly, to spend quality time with many different individuals within the group. There were many things to look back and smile about -- family dinners together (we each took a turn cooking), family game nights, lots of reading (me), so many games of Rummy that I lost count, walking on the beach, riding the boogie boards, riding along the bike paths, and time at the house pool, just to name a few.

Now, I am in Washington DC with my college roommate doing the sightseeing thing, and getting some visiting time in with my oldest daughter who lives here. It is so amazing to watch her navigate this city; I know this is where she wants to be for the near future, at least. It makes me happy as a mom to see how "right" this place seems to be for her. (now, if she could only get a job that pays more than an hourly wage, life would be perfect!)

I'll be back in Dublin, Ohio late tomorrow night, and hopefully get something posted by Wednesday. I have a ton of books read; but haven't done my reviews yet.

Until then, I'm off for more sightseeing, water drinking (it's a scorcher in the city), and walking. I love DC!

1 comment:

  1. You have been very busy! (A good busy...friends, family, relaxing.) Enjoy your time away. We'll look forward to your return, and updates on all the latest reads.

    ReplyDelete