Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Savoring my last spring break - #SOL 4/4/17


A huge thanks to the gang at Two Writing Teachers for hosting and organizing each week. I appreciate the community of writers you encourage the entire month of March, and all the Tuesdays the rest of the year. Thank you so very much.

**For the March Slice of Life Challenge, I had planned to connect as many posts as possible to my #OLW for the year - SAVOR.** I did 24 straight days, but missed the last seven, so I'm doing my wrap-up today.

From March 25 - April 1, I didn't write for #SOLSC because I was on vacation. And not just any vacation, but, because of my pending retirement, my last spring break ever. When I realized that piece of information, I knew it was time to savor every moment of my time in Hilton Head last week:
Frequent stops at Publix. If you've never had a
freshly-made sub from here, it's amazing!
Chicken tenders are pretty great also.


The first view I saw when we
reached our condo at Hilton Head.


Daily walks on the beach.
My FitBit loved it!

Hundreds of sand dollars
on the beach this week.
Those daily walks yielded many shells
 (not common at HHI)
If you peer very closely, you will see
some of the dolphins I saw each day.
View from the pool in the afternoon.

Watching the tides come in and out.


Picking up clothing at one of
my favorite stores.
Shopping at this store each day.
But my favorite stop is the one where
I had them steam 1# of local shrimp
for me.

Last day on the beach. 
Leaving Hilton Head as the sun makes
its presence known.








There were so many moments to savor from last week - walks on the beach, toes in the ocean and sand, seafood all week, golf, great weather, a great deal of reading, and lots of rest and relaxation. I felt very blessed and savored it all!!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an incredible last spring break week! The pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I'm looking forward to a post about the books you read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! I love how you told this story through the photos. Looks like it was a wonderful spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! Congrats on retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING. Oh, I'm so jealous. I won't be there this year and I hate it, but know I will be back. Glad to live through your photos for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was drawn to your post because I couldn't imagine one having "last spring break ever." I ended the challenge with a trek to Hilton Head b/c my nephew got married there this past weekend! I know your trip was fabulous!! It is such a great place. Congrats on your last year of teaching!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too chose your post because of the "last" sentiment. I hope you are able to take this "enjoy every moment" mindset into your retirement - and blog about it! On a side note, I haven't been to Hilton Head, nor am I a huge fan of the beach - you made it sound so peaceful and carefree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful & relaxing trip. It is truly hard to imagine the "last spring break ever"---wishing you a fabulous retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful & relaxing trip. It is truly hard to imagine the "last spring break ever"---wishing you a fabulous retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Through your photos and comments we can tell that you truly savoured your last Spring Break, and a memorable one it was.
    Best wishes on your last few months of teaching.

    https://wordsmithing2017.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete