Saturday, June 14, 2014
Celebrate - June 14
Several things have made me very happy this week, and were each a cause for celebration:
1) Coaches' Training - I spent four and a half days in training for literacy and numeracy coaches this week. Two of the days were specifically geared toward the technology tools we were given to help in our jobs and how to best use them for productivity and sharing of knowledge. The rest of our time was spent on clarifying the vision we will all have as coaches, planning for our first cycle of coaching, and valuable time was spent getting to know one another, as well as our administrators. I am so blessed to work with such a unique group of talented people. The bonds we built this week will be beneficial as we work through this new journey together.
2) Lunch - Many of us ate out together for all 4 days of whole-day training. Any educator reading this post understands how lovely this was. Not to mention, the conversations we had that were so meaningful, both personal and professional. An hour together each day in a relaxed setting, with great food was a true gift.
3) Weeding - I came home from our half day session on Friday to find that the man who does our edging, weeding, trimming, and mulching was here. Our beds had become disasters, overgrown with weeds, and because poison ivy is so prevalent, I am no longer able to weed without becoming a swollen, itchy mess. So I was delighted to see him and see all the work he had already accomplished. As much time as I spend sitting on our screened porch, having lovely beds to look at makes the porch even more of an oasis of peace for me.
4) Porches and Patios Tour - Several years ago, some educator friends from varying districts started getting together to talk about technology, our classrooms, and our lives. Our conversations originally were centered around the queso dip we all loved. It has morphed into something altogether different now. In the winter, we gather at our favorite Mexican restaurant to share queso and talk, but in the summer, we begin what we like to call our Porches and Patios Tour. In this tour, we circulate our meetings to our various porches and patios. Great food yesterday, followed by our summer staple, Handel's ice cream. Smart women, great conversations, LOTS of laughter,
wonderful food = lovely afternoon.
5) AllWrite - Looking ahead just a bit, I am very excited to be headed to Warsaw, Indiana, for AllWrite this next Wednesday. Another favorite staple of summer will happen then - #carPD!
Thanks for stopping by - I hope there were celebrations in your week as well. For more celebrations, visit Ruth Ayres' blog. Thanks so much to Ruth for hosting this happy celebration event each Saturday!
Posted by Karen at 8:08 AM