- Yellow Star by Jennifer Roy
- As Easy As Falling Off the Face of the Earth by Lynne Rae Perkins
- The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo
- Rockets and Spaceships (D-K science book)
- Flush by Carl Hiassen
After our initial success, I was excited to hear what they might want to participate in next. Last Friday, we met on the floor and took turns sharing books in which we thought others might be interested. I made two suggestions based on books I'd read recently, but the other recommendations once again came from the students. I'm very excited about their new choices (only one of my recommendations made their cut), and I'm looking forward to the dynamics of their new groups.
Books for February book clubs:
- The Defense of Thaddeus A. Ledbetter by John Gosselink - 7 students
- Danger at the Zoo (American Girl mystery) - 2 students
- The Name of this Book is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch - 3 students
- The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti - 6 students
- The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt - 3 students
What I love when I look at this list of books is how different from one another these books are. My hope is that our book clubs reflect the interests of the individual students, and this list of books appears to be a good indication that they do.
For now, I'm so excited to hear the conversations about the books they've selected in February!