Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Twelve Terrible Things Makes Me Laugh Out Loud!

I'm not sure words can do this book justice! I was literally LAUGHING OUT LOUD on my couch as I read this HILARIOUS book. It is by far the funniest thing I've seen this year. I can't wait to share it with the students in THE PIT! WOW THAT WAS A LOT OF UPPER CASE LETTERS!

Told from the eyes of a child, the Marty Kelley's book is a list of just what it says, 12 terrible things ranging from dropping your ice cream to scary things under the bed to the elderly aunt pinching your cheeks to flushing the goldfish to the lunch lady dishing out the gravy, all very terrible things in the life of a child. It's too bad that I can't show the illustrations here because they are done from the child's viewpoint as well, and they make this book LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY! no really
LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY!!
Can you tell I enjoyed it?

More reviews at A Patchwork of Books, The Well-Read Child, Provo City Library.

8 comments:

  1. I did the review on The Well Read Child and I agree...it's FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, okay! You convinced me! I'll read it...and plan to LAUGH OUT LOUD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this one today on a mock Caldecott list. I hadn't heard of it until then. Add that to your ringing endorsement and I'll definitly be on the lookout for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The laughter peeled from room to room as Bill shared this one with us! What great writing possibilities...!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to echo Joyce's comments and what a way to start a Wed. morning laughing out loud. Even better than the words is the illustrations and the perspective they take!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always up for a good laugh. This one is one my list to check-out from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Marty Kelley's FALL IS NOT EASY... We've got TWELVE on order at my library and I will definitely be checking it out when it comes in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just bought this. We all laughed out loud at our house! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete