Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summer goals -- how did we do?

Back in the beginning of summer, Mary Lee and Franki from A Year of Reading invited any interested parties to post our goals for the summer. Now, it's time for the unveiling of how we did.

I have to say I'm 50% pleased, which is better than I do with most of my goals!!

Here is my original list of summer goals:

Karen -
1) Spend more quality time with friends and family, especially my husband.
2) I'd like to golf an average of 2 times a week this summer - one night with my league and another with my husband and/or friends
3) Get lots of reading done - both adult and children's books
4) Get 4 major projects done (or contracted out) -- home improvement kinds of things
5) Take better care of myself -- specifically, work out (aerobic and strength training) at least 5 times a week
6) Find 5 new, good recipes for dinner main dishes
7) Be more spontaneous!!!! (I might have to give up the idea of always having a list of things to do to accomplish this one -- what do you think?!)

I did really well with #2, 3, and 7. I'm especially pleased with #7, because, as anyone who knows me well already knows, if an event is not on a list or on my calendar, it probably won't happen. This summer, more than any summer in memory, I had many opportunities to do spur of the moment things, and I actually did!!

For goal #1, I did fairly well, but with all my new-found spontaneity and my children's and husband's work and play schedules, there wasn't as much time together as I had thought, but the time together has been fun. Right now, my 17 year old daughter, my 21 year old daughter, and I are avid Olympics watchers -- we are glued to the TV each night, cheering on the USA!

For #4, I got several house projects done, but not all that I had planned.

Numbers 5 and 6 were my weakest links -- I did walk and do some strength training, but not with the regularity I had planned. And new recipes -- that would infer I spent a lot of time in my kitchen, which would amuse my family.

All in all, I'm glad I participated in Mary Lee's and Franki's summer goals craziness. It made me feel a little more accountable. Look for Bill's results soon.

For all the scoop, head on over to A Year of Reading - here and here.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I didn't know I was going to be held accountable for my goals. I'll give a full report in my next post, it won't be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, quick, pull out a recipe book and pick some recipes so you can accomplish #6!!! Or I'll make copies of some of my favorites from Cooking Light and I'll accomplish your goal FOR you!!! (Easier to accomplish others' goals than our own, sadly...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to check in on my goals now!!! Can't believe summer is almost over...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like we had some similar goals. I am so glad I did this! Doesn't it feel great to have made progress? I am still working at getting more done in the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete