- a rekindled passion to do all types of writing (including blogging more often and participating in #TeachersWrite), and
- an ARC of Wake Up Missing by Kate Messner, due out September 10
The other book I finished this weekend is The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle. Our heroes are in trouble again, especially Liam, and it takes the entire group and their combined strengths (though some of their "strengths" are hysterical!) to persevere. A perfect follow-up to The Hero's Guide to Saving Our Kingdom.
I also had to read The Great Santini by Pat Conroy for one of my adult book clubs this week. I normally love everything this man has ever written, but am having a very difficult time with this book. I have to be very invested in the characters of the story, and there is one character in this book I just can't stand. I have about 75 pages left to read before Wednesday, so I'm hoping something turns around in how I view this man. But, I have to say, Pat Conroy can really develop a character and a setting, and that is equally true in The Great Santini.
Books that are up next for me (not counting my professional reading right now):
- finish The Real Boy by Anne Ursu this week
- reserve and read Spy School and Spy Camp, both highly recommended by Tony
- have 6 choices from the public library for my next adult read; not sure which one will be "the one"
- reread The Water Castle after hearing so many rave reviews from other people