Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Girls' Weekend (first day) - SOLC #8

The day began bright and early when I woke up and found out I had this lovely lake-view home entirely to myself.  I planted myself on the coach that has a 270 degree view of Lake Erie, and watched the sunrise while watching bluejays fly from bush to bush, and the Erie waves stay frozen in time and space.  As the sun continued to rise, I opened one of the books I had brought to read and nestled in to enjoy the story until my housemates woke up.

Once my friends awoke, the entire day lay ahead of us with no plans except to relax and enjoy.  As I mentioned yesterday, food has not been a problem for us - except maybe that between the group of us, there are too many foods from which to choose.



After an exceptional breakfast, we headed out to walk along the beach - crazy, right?!!  Here in Huron, Ohio, where the high maybe reached 40 degrees later in the afternoon, we went out searching for sea glass to add to the collection already here in the house.  With the sun shining on our backs, and digging sticks in our hands, we sifted through the sand to find the perfect pieces of sea glass for over an hour.  How good is life that my most pressing issue was trying to decide whether to go further down the beach or head back to the house?

After lunch (yes, we ate more food), we nestled in for a Downton Abbey marathon.  Three of us had never seen any of the episodes, and now we are totally hooked!!  What a great way to spend an afternoon while looking out at the lake. 

Now, we have taken a break for showers, and are beginning cocktail hour with appetizers to boot.  And a few more Downton Abbey episodes thrown in as icing on the cake.

What a great day!

Thanks to Ruth and Stacey for hosting us again for the Slice of Life Challenge.  Head on over there to find out what other "slicers" have to say each and every day.

4 comments:

  1. I love the line: "How good is life that my most pressing issue was trying to decide whether to go further down the beach or head back to the house?" Sometimes we just need to live in the moment. What better way to do it than with a group of girlfriends? Glad you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an absolutely perfect day! Is there anything better than early morning water views, and books, and beaches, good food and good friends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I join you?

    Seriously, your post reminded me of girls' weekends in my past that were filled with many of the same wonderful things: beach, quiet time, great food/wine, and long walks and talks.

    Downton is an added bonus!

    Enjoyed (scratch that-envied) your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect weekend! I hope you found lots of sea glass. We are watching our first episodes of Downton right now & are also completely hooked! Enjoy the rest of your getaway weekend!

    ReplyDelete