Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

PIT Museum Follow Up

I really wanted to post this sooner, but you see, my daughter graduated from high school on Friday and then there was the party on Sunday, so things have been a bit crazy around here getting ready. It was a fun, busy time and now we just prepare for her leaving for Ashland University in the fall. She's going to be a teacher, she'll be good at it, she has that connection with kids that can't be taught. Can you tell I'm pretty proud of my kid?

So on the suggestion of my friend Maria, I put together an iMovie of all but one artifact. For some reason I missed one of the books, Wag, as I was taking the pictures. I figure this will serve two purposes, you can see the museum and for those of you requesting list of titles I shared in THE PIT this year, pay attention! The music is the theme music from Night at the Museum, which we played as the kids explored and filled out their answer sheets. I think, overall, they enjoyed the museum enough that it will become an annual event.

Four more days with kids and then the 48 Hour Reading Challenge. I think I'll start Friday after school and my first book will be The Red Pyramid. It's pretty long so I'm not sure how many books I'll get done this year.

1 comment: