Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Hello From Washington DC


Well, Bill and I are both currently in Washington D.C., soaking up this city's history, as well as many raindrops! That's right -- it actually had the nerve to rain on us on our one sightseeing day. Good news is tomorrow is supposed to be worse, and Bill and I will be dry and inside attending our first ever Kidlitosphere Conference. We've met some wonderful people already today -- putting a face to Sara Lewis Holmes, and Tricia of Miss Rumphius, and Pam Coughlin, our wonderful organizer and the author of the wildly amusing MotherReader blog, just to name a few.

Actually, Bill is out with the group right now. They went to a restaurant close by. And, no I'm not ditching them. I just haven't seen my oldest daughter, who lives here now, for over 6 weeks, and she and I are headed out for a yummy steak dinner at Morton's instead. The "mom" in me just had to squeeze in every available minute I could with her while I was in town.

I flew out last night, but will be driving back to Ohio with Bill on Sunday. There will be plenty of time for us to plan how we will share about this fabulous weekend with you, as well as start to write some posts about the very wonderful nonfiction/informational picture books that have been nominated for a Cybils award in the same category. Can't wait to start reviewing the books and chatting with the other Cybils' panelists as we narrow the category down to 5 books -- quite the task, don't you think?

Stay in touch. We're going to be pretty busy around here in the near future!

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the report from DC - wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, how I wish I could have gone. We have a bar mitzvah to attend tonight--the son of old family friends. Which should be fun. Everything happens in October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your excitement sounds great and I'm looking forward to learning from the two of you. I went to Cover to Cover today with a PO, very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have got to get to CTC soon! I've been in a "dry spell" from my favorite store -- I haven't signs of withdrawal. :) Mandy, I hope you found some great books with your PO.

    ReplyDelete