Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm headed to DC!!

There has been much being said in our kidlit blogger world about the upcoming Kidlitosphere Conference in Washington D.C. on October 17. I have been on the fence about this as I have some family details I was trying to work out. My oldest daughter is currently in DC, looking for a job (has had 2 interviews this past week - yea!), and I just didn't know what the demands on my time would be if she needed to move into an apartment around the same time.

But tonight, since Mother Reader gave a 1 week deadline, I decided to go for it and take the plunge. It will my first time to make one of these get-togethers, and I am greatly looking forward to meeting the people behind the words and the blogs.

I know my blog partner, Bill, already shared that he would be going, so I always knew half of Literate Lives would be represented. :) Now, with my decision, barring any unforeseen circumstances, the other half of Literate Lives will be there also.

The hotel is booked and the registration has been sent in -- next stop, Washington D.C. Hope to see you there!

4 comments: