Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm headed to DC!!

There has been much being said in our kidlit blogger world about the upcoming Kidlitosphere Conference in Washington D.C. on October 17. I have been on the fence about this as I have some family details I was trying to work out. My oldest daughter is currently in DC, looking for a job (has had 2 interviews this past week - yea!), and I just didn't know what the demands on my time would be if she needed to move into an apartment around the same time.

But tonight, since Mother Reader gave a 1 week deadline, I decided to go for it and take the plunge. It will my first time to make one of these get-togethers, and I am greatly looking forward to meeting the people behind the words and the blogs.

I know my blog partner, Bill, already shared that he would be going, so I always knew half of Literate Lives would be represented. :) Now, with my decision, barring any unforeseen circumstances, the other half of Literate Lives will be there also.

The hotel is booked and the registration has been sent in -- next stop, Washington D.C. Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. That's great, Karen! Can't wait to meet you. I'm so glad that you decided to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Good for you! I know you'll have a blast.

    ReplyDelete