Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Friday Reflections on Saturday

I liked Karen's idea of Friday reflections so well, that I asked her permission to join her from time to time. Hopefully they are interesting to others, but if nothing else, it's good to process a week and look at accomplishments and goals for next week.

1. We wrapped up the first book fair of the year on Thursday. It's an understatement to say that it was a success as our sales were drastically up from last year's fall fair. In these economic times my aid Yvonne and I were feeling pretty proud of ourselves. The Scholastic people were too!

2. I worked on a couple of assignments for the librarian class I'm taking. I wish I felt that it was more than just jumping through hoops, but at this point that's how I'm feeling. That's not to say that I haven't gained anything from the class, but I do notice it cutting into my reading time and I miss that. It will all be over in a few weeks and then I can focus on reading and blogging.

3. I agreed to be on the committee for the Dublin Lit Conference as the representative of my school. For anyone who knows me, this is a major announcement! I've only attended this premier conference two times and both times as a presenter. Both times I left as soon as my session was over. I guess I'll spend the whole day this year, and, actually, I'm looking forward to it. Come see us, Karen and I will be doing a session and one of the authors is a favorite, Barbara O'Connor!

It seems like there ought to be more to say after a busy week, but that's it for my first installment. It's almost game time, so I need to go cheer on the Buckeyes!

2 comments:

  1. SOOOO glad you are on literacy conference committee:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You joiner, you!

    And yes, you probably better stay the whole day this year!!!

    ReplyDelete